CMS & TJC ENVIRONMENT OF CARE
Most CMS and TJC findings are related to the physical environment. Cameron Bruce Associates offers full service, on-site consulting to help you minimize findings and maintain continuous compliance.
We offer continuous support to guide you from your last survey through your next survey and keep you apprised of new requirements and interpretations. Immediately following survey, we can help you challenge surveyor findings and draft your Plans of Correction.
· Conduct EOC Document Reviews and Mock Surveys
· Conduct Life Safety Reviews and Building Tours
· Assess Emergency Management Programs
· Monitor Corrective Actions and Compliance
· Review Regularly Produced Documents
· Update or Develop New Policies and Procedures
· Develop Survey Readiness Binders
· Upgrade Critical Survey Documents (Management Plans, Annual Evaluations, etc.)
· Review and Develop Training Materials
· Provide Training and Mentoring to New Safety Officers, Emergency Management Coordinators, Facilities Managers
· Conduct rehearsals to prepare new presenters for the EOC and EM Review Sessions
Tools and Support
Our compliance tools take the stress out of standards and code compliance and save you time and money. We work with you to customize our templates to your unique facility needs. In the future, simply update the document yourself or contact us for help.
· Compliance Checklist: Assess your compliance and maintain a checklist to monitor your readiness.
· Mock Survey Reports: Conduct a Physical Environment (EC, LS & EM) assessment of your facility.
· Life Safety Compliance Reports: Review vendor testing reports and conduct building tours, review Life Safety Drawing.
· EC Management Plans: We will update your plans to address current requirements in a concise, proven format.
· Annual Evaluations: Let us review and, if desired, upgrade your Annual Evaluations in a tested and proven manner.
· Emergency Management Program: Assess Emergency Management Program compliance with CMS, TJC, NIMS, NFPA and SEMS. We have written and updated dozens of customized EOPs.
· Environment of Care Orientation and Training: We develop customized, up-to-date training content to meet current requirements.
· Department Orientation and Training: Orientation and training guides for department-specific training.
· Key Personnel Training and Mentoring: Are there key EOC personnel who would benefit from one-on-one or small group EOC training?
· Survey Documentation Binders: We help you develop binders with critical survey documents for the surveyors room and EOC leaders.
· Policies and Procedures: Allow us to draft or update your policies and procedures drawing from our library of hundreds of P&Ps.
Customized Policies & Procedures
Cameron Bruce Associates has developed or edited more than 12,000 policies and procedures for hospitals large and small and has an extensive library of resources to customize for your facility. We specialize in Emergency Operations Plans.
· Manuals - Safety, Security, Emergency Management, Engineering, Biomedical, Environmental Services
· Forms - develop new forms to reflect new processes
· Flowcharts and Checklists – to clearly reflect processes
Sentinel Event Alerts
Some Sentinel Event Alerts (SEAs) issued by The Joint Commission relate directly to the Environment of Care. We can help you meet the recommendations and strategies recommended in SEAs.
On-Site Interim Positions
We offer temporary on-site interim positions to provide support during personnel transitions and maintain continuity of operations. On-site time can vary depending on your needs.